What Feelings Sound Like | A Blog By Beatwize: In the next few months...

Monday, June 15, 2009

In the next few months...

So I'm steady making music right now. On break from school, so other than working and chilling, I'm doing a lot of music-related things. I have a couple projects planned for the summer, so check out what's to come:

  • June 30th - 'The Blank Tapes Vol. 1: Where's the BlendMaster?!'
  • Mid-July - 'The Blank Tapes Vol. 2: Insert Clever Title' (will include an extra track off 'Classical State of Mind')
  • Mid-August - 'Classical State of Mind'
  • Early September - 'The Blank Tapes Vol. 3: blEND'
Now from the above, you probably don't fully understand what these are. Let me explain.

'The Blank Tapes' are going to be WFSL exclusives (unless other blogs like it and copy it on theirs..bootleggers ftw!). This trilogy is going to be a blends trilogy that has a little different taste. The BlendWize series always started with Scarface openings. This one is going to literally be a mixtape. Tracks will start by mixing with the last one. Plus, I blend artists I've never blended before like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common along with others I always blend like Jay-Z and Kanye West. The trilogy is called the 'Blank Tapes' simply because the cover will be plain white with some text. In other words, it's time we focus on the music rather than the graphics. It also means I'm too lazy to make new covers.

Now the main release is going to be 'Classical State of Mind'. If you've been following my music lately, you know what this is. Inspired by the feedback I got from the first single off of X, Y, J-Z, I decided to branch out to another mash-up style. This time I'm grabbing classical music from Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi and many more and sampling their hard work over my own beats. Who's going to be rapping over these dark and vicious beats? Well, if you didn't already figure it out from the title, it'll be Nas. I felt that his and only his delivery style could match the tone of the beats I was making. Plus, what better way to follow up a Jay-Z mash-up album other than a Nas mash-up album?

A single off 'Classical State of Mind' will be released June 22nd pretty much everywhere you find my music already, and maybe even more places! We'll see time goes on. More information will be released when I feel necessary. If you want to know more, get at me -- beatwize@gmail.com.

It's Beatwize season again guys, so get ready. Until mid-September, you'll be seeing a hell of a lot of me so get used to it.

Peacepeace!

- Beatwize

0 comments: