What Feelings Sound Like | A Blog By Beatwize: D-Sisive: Joker with a Mic [WFSL Interview]

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

D-Sisive: Joker with a Mic [WFSL Interview]

D-Sisive is a hip-hop artist from Toronto, Canada. If you haven't noticed yet, he is currently WhatFeelingsSoundLike (WFSL-beatwizemusic.blogspot.com) Artist of the Week. To fit the week's theme, I got to ask him a couple questions. I already knew this was going to end up different than most interviews. Not only was I right, but I was glad to get something more than the usual, generic answers one would usually hear. This dude D is definitely something different, not only in his music, but also in his personality. He's the type of guy you'd chill with at a bar, have a beer or two and just have a good time talking. And to top it all off, he's a great artist with a very bright future. Here it is - Joker with a Mic: An Interview with D-Sisive..


Beatwize: Hey, what's good D? It's good to finally have you on the blog. To start off, let's get a quick bio of you for the readers.
D-Sisive: Go to http://www.myspace.com/dsisive and read the boring, drawn out bio. Haha.

Beatwize: What got you into hip-hop music?
D-Sisive: A Nightmare on Elm Street. My obsession with Freddy Krueger led to my obsession with anything related to the film. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's Nightmare on my Street being one of them. A glow in the dark t-shirt being another. I bought He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper for that song only. Until then, the only music I owned was Aerosmith: Toys in the Attic and the La Bamba soundtrack on cassette. I no longer wanted to be Richie Valens. Will Smith was it. 19 years later, my new sitcom is finally in production.

Beatwize: Wow, that's definitely something different. "Let the Children Die" came out earlier this year, one of my personal favorites. What can current and future fans expect from you next?
D-Sisive: Jonestown. November 18/09.

Beatwize: Who and what are your greatest inspirations as an artist?
D-Sisive: Who? Argar & Joan-Anne Christoff. Kalpna Patel. David Bowie. Lou Reed. Rufus Wainwright. David Lynch. Brian Wilson. Crispin Glover. Randy 'Macho Man' Savage. And the list goes on...What? Sewers. Boa Staffs. Turtles. Headband-FaceMasks. Sai's. Nunchucks. Swords. Red. Yellow. Blue. Purple. Pizza. And the list goes on...

Beatwize: That's..interesting. You've worked with numerous Canadian hip-hop artists, some much more known than others. Who do you think was the most enjoyable to work with?
D-Sisive: Muneshine and The Arkeologists. The Arkeologists are responsible for waking me out of my hibernation. If krates never leaked Kneecaps, none of this would have happened. Muneshine is an amazing Rapper-Producer. Our chemistry is insanity. We knock out songs like nothing. Written-Produced-Mixed-Mastered-Marketed-Released-Billboard top 100 all in one day. Last night Muneshine and I were eating macaroons and watching the Jack Nicholson film, Wolf. The macaroons looked like dog shit. When bitten, the coconut made them look like white dog shit. Mune said 'if dog shit tasted like this, I'd eat dog shit all day, son.' That was pretty amazing.


Beatwize:
Which artists would you want to work with in the near future?
D-Sisive: Jason Schwartzman. He's an incredible talent. I'm obsessed with his music right now. Andre 3000. Tom waits. DangerMouse. Grafh. There's quite a few.

Beatwize: What artists do you dream to work with?
D-Sisive: David Bowie. As far as I'm concerned, he's the be all end all. The king.

Beatwize:Who is your favorite artist at current, and why?
D-Sisive: Coconut Records. Jason Schwartzman's project. I just recently found out he made music and I love it. Also, the new DangerMouse and Sparklehorse project Dark Night of the Soul with David Lynch. Everything about that project is brilliant.

Beatwize: Are you currently working on any projects?
D-Sisive: I'm always working on new projects. Building my Prince Vault. I'm also focusing on getting the world to listen to Let The Children Die. It's my baby. He's going to be a boxer someday. I can tell by this picture of him with his hands up. Isn't he cute? He's going to be in next months Sears' catalogue.

Beatwize: Anything else you would like to say to the fans?
D-Sisive: Thank you for being a friend. Travelled down the road and back again. Your heart is true. You're a pal and a confidant. And if you threw a party, invited everyone you knew. You would see the biggest gift would be from me. And the card attached would say...Thank you for being a friend.

Beatwize: Lmao..thank you so much for your time.
D-Sisive: No, thank you...For being a friend.

0 comments: