What Feelings Sound Like | A Blog By Beatwize: Artist of the Week: CJ the Genesis

Monday, August 17, 2009

Artist of the Week: CJ the Genesis

Meet CJ the Genesis, a young rapper/producer coming out of Maryland. A unique flow, voice, and style make him not only an interesting listen, but also a very enjoyable one. He's four mixtapes in, all of which are different from each other. In his latest, and I believe biggest release, "Yea..I'm a Nerd", CJ uses beats sampling video game tunes and raps over them with ease. And that's just ONE of the many interesting things he's done.

The first time I'd heard him was on that mixtape. I knew he was something special, and by the second listen in I contacted him. I peeped another one of his mixtapes and by that time I grated his name into the AOTW upcoming list and tried to get him featured on here asap. Well, he's finally here and we're going to have a great week! As a side note: we also dropped his "Run This Town" remix with M-Trey as well!

Throughout his ATOW time, we'll be dropping all four of his mixtapes, one of which I had dropped before. Along with this, I'll be chilling with him for an interview and WFSL will even be dropping one (or more) never before heard song off his upcoming EP! Big things coming up this week, so stay tuned.

So here's the schedule for you all..
Monday: Introduction (this)
Tuesday: Mixtape Drop - World Domination
Wednesday: An Interview with CJ the Genesis & brand new track
Thursday: Mixtape Drop - Spaceship
Friday: Mixtape Drop - World Premier
Saturday: Mixtape Re-Drop - Yea..I'm a Nerd
Sunday: Wrap-up

Want more CJ the Genesis? Catch him on these sites..
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CJTheGenesis
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/cjdagenesis
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CJ-The-Genesis/98734953302

Would you like to be featured as Artist of the Week? Get at me! -- beatwize@gmail.com

0 comments: