What Feelings Sound Like | A Blog By Beatwize: Artist of the Week: SLik d

Monday, August 10, 2009

Artist of the Week: SLik d

Allow me to introduce to you SLik d, an young rapper from Carson/Las Vegas, California. I dropped a track from his upcoming mixtape "Summer Vibes" a few days back. Straight off the bat you can see that D is a very soulful lyricist.

There isn't much to say about this artist simply because his music speaks for him. After going through his MySpace, I knew I had to feature him on the site for the week he's dropping his mixtape. It was something special that sparked track after track, and it was pretty obvious that SLik D is part of hip-hop's very bright future.

The first time I'd heard SLik was on that same track you probably heard him on, "Summer Heat". I love smooth beats along with intelligent rhyming, and SLik had the perfect combination of that. And it didn't hurt to have a Nefarious! beat on the track, I'm a huge fan of him. There was absolutely no doubt that I would like D's music. And I was right.

After months of hard work, we're going to get to hear D on his own tape with his own style. His focus on this project has been complete and from what I've heard so far, it's going to be on some next level. We'll be dropping tracks from that and other SLik D tracks during the week.

What to hear/see more from SLik D, or just want to contact him? Check out these sites:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SLikd
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/slikdizzle
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=slik+d&init=quick#/pages/SLik-d/65261380505?ref=search

A playlist is coming soon, so stay tuned! Check out his MySpace to hear some songs in the meantime!

Would you like to be featured as Artist of the Week? Get at me! -- beatwize@gmail.com

0 comments: