What Feelings Sound Like | A Blog By Beatwize: Artist of the Week: Two Crown King

Monday, August 3, 2009

Artist of the Week: Two Crown King

Everyday I get numerous emails from artists that want exposure. In all honesty, most aren't too great or at least need substantial improvement; it's rare to find a gem in a list of many. This one day I logged in and saw an email that looked extremely familiar to every other email I get. I'm always a little skeptical, but I still always give these guys a chance. Call me stupid, but I knew that one day I'd find a couple of artists that truly deserve my time and promotion. Boy, was I right.

Allow me to introduce a duo from London, Ontario (Canada) that are soon to be one of your favorite bands. That's right, Two Crown King is a band. But not a Roots type of band; TCK consists of a rapper, Adam Dick, and soul/funk singer Sean Goodchild. This combination along with a couple of instruments creates a unique sound that gets you hooked pretty quickly.

Still pretty pre-mature to the industry, TCK has one single out entitled "One Man Mess" that I dropped on the blog a little while back. Currently they have three songs out on their myspace and are hard at work on their debut album. Since they want the songs to be perfect (which as you'll see the three are) they don't want to release the others out to the public just yet, so all we have for now is the trio of tracks.

But trust me, for now that's enough. I found myself staying on their MySpace page on for hours listening to just those three tracks. You can find them on the AOTW playlist on the right sidebar for now and the same playlist will remain below even after that. And there's much more coming, including an interview with the band! Not to mention we'll be dropping updates on the band even after the week is done. So stay tuned!

Here's a couple sites to keep you posted on Two Crown King...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TwoCrownKing
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/twocrownking
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwoCrownKing
kt8Merch: https://www.kt8merch.com/store/pages/9583/Two_Crown_King.htm



Would you like to be featured as Artist of the Week? Get at me! -- beatwize@gmail.com

0 comments: